Behavioral assessments, such as DISC, are an excellent tool helping leaders worldwide better understand and connect more effectively with their workforce, raising engagement and productivity.
- Be direct and prepared in communications
- Motivate them with challenges
- Eliminate small talk and get to the point
- Casually ease into conversations; avoid directness
- Provide opportunities to work with other people
- Create an open workspace where interaction is encouraged
- Communicate at a steady pace
- Let them ask questions
- Avoid asking them to act or react immediately
- Provide as many facts and details as possible, preferably in writing
- Be patient; the C can be a meticulous perfectionist
- Clearly communicate expectations and deadlines
Using a tool as powerful as DISC eliminates much of the guesswork for leaders while providing a game plan from which to best communicate with employees.